Wetland Mitgation Construction and Monitoring, Pearwood Housing Project, Medford, Oregon
Client: Fred Owen
A two acre site located along the Upton Creek drainage was graded and planted in 2012-2013 as part of wetland mitigation for the development of the Pearwood Housing Project owned by Mr. Fred Owen. The work consisted of the following:
- Erosion control put in place prior to grading and planting
- Grading of approximately 2 acres which included the construction of berms to maintain water levels within the mitigation planting zone
- Removal of teasel blackberries and other non native invasive plants
- A variety of native wetland trees, shrubs, and forbs were planted in the graded areas. The plantings represented both created and enhanced wetlands.
- An as-built report was submitted to the Oregon Department of State Lands in August of 2013. A first year monitoring report will be submitted in December of 2013 to document the first year success of the wetland mitigation project.